Re: PostgreSQL in Arabic

From: Reshat Sabiq <sabiq(at)purdue(dot)edu>
To: hendrik(at)mantisnet(dot)co(dot)za
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL in Arabic
Date: 2003-01-28 19:05:29
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

i also didn't receive a reply on a similar questions. The way i thought
it would work is:
1) Unicode-encoding DB
2) char, varchar etc. fields.

but, in reality, with that set up i wasn't able to insert even
non-English, but still ASCII chars, let alone Unicode chars. I'm pretty
sure it's possible, but still don't know how.

Sincerely,
r.