Borland BDE showing public schema in table names

From: "Paul Cochrane" <paul(at)tortc(dot)tuht(dot)scot(dot)nhs(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Borland BDE showing public schema in table names
Date: 2003-01-27 18:28:55
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi There.

Might be a FAQ. First posting to this list. I just upgraded to
postgresql 7.3.1 and am have some problems accessing the
database from Paradox (which uses borlands BDE) through the
psqlodbc driver (I am using the latest PGADMIN2).

Whenever I want to use a table on the pgsql server, the tablenames
returned to paradox are of the form "public.tablename" instead of
plain "tablename". This screws up the application since it would
need a LOT of changing to rename all the table references to this
format.

The server & connection seem to work properly - it's just the public
addition to the name that is causing me problems.

Thanks in advance for any information.

-------------------------------------
Paul Cochrane | Tayside Orthopaedic & |
| Rehabilitation Technology Centre |
| Ninewells Hospital & Med. School |
| Dundee, Scotland, UK. |
| DD1 9SY. |
| Phone: +44 1382 496284 |
| Fax: +44 1382 496322 |
| E-Mail: paul(at)tortc(dot)tuht(dot)scot(dot)nhs(dot)uk |