Re: Problem with table name in capitals.

From: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Kurt Roeckx <Q(at)ping(dot)be>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Problem with table name in capitals.
Date: 2002-12-17 00:11:08
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Kurt Roeckx wrote:

> When I'm using a table with capitals from excel or something,
> using microsoft query, I get an error that the relation
> "public"."table" doesn't exist.
>
> I noticed that I got simular errors when I didn't put quotes
> around the name of the table.  I assume it's the same problem
> here?
>
> When I rename the table/column to lower case it works.
>
> Is this a problem in the ODBC driver, or in microsoft query?

Maybe the latter. For example if there's a table named
"AbC", MS query issues a command like 'select ...
from AbC' whereas MS Access issues a double-quoted query
like 'select ... from "AbC"'.

> If the later, can it be fixed in the ODBC driver?

How can we fix it without affecting existent applications
which use the driver ?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue
	http://w2422.nsk.ne.jp/~inoue/