Re: Elocution

From: Paul Ramsey <pramsey(at)refractions(dot)net>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Elocution
Date: 2002-12-09 21:25:27
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

greg(at)turnstep(dot)com wrote:

>> Should you drive to work in an M1A tank? There are lots of very good
>
> I think that is a faulty analogy. Think of Oracle as a BMW: it's expensive,
> but it has a brand name behind it, it is extremely reliable and safe,

Well, that's the analogy Oracle might prefer, but from the perspective
of PostgreSQL soundbites I think the M1A tank works better :) Besides,
if a great nameplate, quality product, and corporate reputation were all
that mattered, Sun wouldn't be looking over their shoulders at Linux so
nervously.

--
__
/