pg 7.3 crash

From: pginfo <pginfo(at)t1(dot)unisoftbg(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg 7.3 crash
Date: 2002-12-08 10:02:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi ,
I am running pg 7.3 on redhat 7.3.

If I send more complex request that take more time
the pg chrsh with this message:

WARNING: Message from PostgreSQL backend:
The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
I have rolled back the current transaction and am
going to terminate your database system connection and exit.
Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
before or while processing the request.
connection to server was lost.

Is it normaly for pg to crash?
How can I setup the box/pg to prevent this crash.

regards.