Re: Can't get more than 255 chars out of memo field in Acc

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Jeff Eckermann <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can't get more than 255 chars out of memo field in Acc
Date: 2002-11-27 21:35:23
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Jeff Eckermann wrote:

> --- Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> >
> > Where can we document this information? I don't see
> > it on the techdocs
> > site.
> >

> Good question. The available stuff is piecemeal, and
> split between techdocs and the odbc site. Joel
> Burton's FAQ is the largest, but is incomplete and
> appears not to have been worked on much for the last
> couple of years. There is the makings of a good FAQ
> on the odbc site: perhaps that could be moved to
> techdocs, and expanded using reader contributions? I
> would be happy to put in some pieces, although I am
> sure that there are plenty whose knowledge is much
> greater than mine.

Definitely sounds like a good idea.

Anyone feel comfortable doing it in the new PostgreSQL Guides section of
Techdocs?

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/

Some functionality is still being added to this area as time permits,
but all the basics are in place.

To create a new page, just go to that above URL but also add the name of
the page. i.e.:

http://techdocs.postgresql.org/guides/ODBCFaq

As the page doesn't already exist, it will give you the option of
creating it on the spot and editing it, etc.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> Justin?