Re: COPY COMMAND

From: "Shridhar Daithankar" <shridhar_daithankar(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: COPY COMMAND
Date: 2002-11-26 10:22:10
Lists: pgsql-general

On 26 Nov 2002 at 15:20, Savita wrote:

> I would like to know if some field is not present in Text file,then how does
> COPY command handle it ,specially for date field.

I am not very sure about this, but one thing you can always do is to insert a
blank field separator, making copy believe that the field value is NULL.. Some
sed/awk script should do the trick..

HTH

Bye
Shridhar

--
"We all know Linux is great...it does infinite loops in 5 seconds."(Linus
Torvalds about the superiority of Linux on the AmterdamLinux Symposium)