Using SHOW in PL/pgSQL

From: Hans-Jürgen Schönig <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Using SHOW in PL/pgSQL
Date: 2002-11-22 08:24:22
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi everybody

I have a brief question. It it just a simple yet annoying problem.
How can I use SHOW to retrieve a value inside a PL/pgSQL function?

I am looking for something like that:

SELECT enable_seqscan;

Is there a system table where I can find all the values on 7.2.3?
It seems as if there was no way to use SHOW in a subselect.

Any ideas to solve this problem efficiently.

Hans

--
*Cybertec Geschwinde u Schoenig*
Ludo-Hartmannplatz 1/14, A-1160 Vienna, Austria