select for update

From: Justin Georgeson <jgeorgeson(at)lopht(dot)net>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: select for update
Date: 2002-11-21 05:20:19
Lists: pgsql-sql

I'm pretty new to databases in general, and would like to find a spiffy
way to do something. I want to use two columns from one table to
populate three columns in two other tables. Assuming t1 is the table I
want to take the values from, here is the structure of what I want to
insert into t2 and t3.

t2.id = t1.id
t2.groupname = t1.username
t2.owner = t1.username

t3.id = <next available>
t3.groupid = t1.id
t3.username = t1.username
t3.writeperms = 31

PS - I'm not subscribed to the list, so please CC my email with responses.

--
; Justin Georgeson
; http://www.lopht.net