Re: PostgreSQL for Windows 2000

From: frbn <frbn(at)efbs-seafrigo(dot)fr>
To: "Roberto (SmartBit)" <roberto(at)smartbit(dot)inf(dot)br>
Cc: Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira <baptista(at)linuxsolutions(dot)com(dot)br>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL for Windows 2000
Date: 2002-11-05 09:22:11
Lists: pgsql-general

Roberto (SmartBit) wrote:

>>Hi all,
>>I use PostgreSQL already by 3 years in Linux.
>>Now, I have to use it in Windows 2000 (dont ask me why! :( )
>>What is the state of postgresql in Windows 2000?
>
> I'm working with PostgreSQL 7.2 as a service of WinXP and running it in a
> lot of custumers. If you want know more about it, look at www.dbexperts.net
>

>>Is this equal Linux or no?
>

> Yes, it is!!

I would *really* like to see that!

If we *don't* mind

the cost,
the unstability,
the downtime to get back all the memory lost/stolen,
the un-responsibility,
the unstability ;)

and the time lost to click everywhere,

we could say that linux is equal to win2k.

ps: did I say that linux is free (as freedom) ?