Re: Administrator issue

From: Murali Mohan Kasetty <kasetty(at)india(dot)hp(dot)com>
To: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Administrator issue
Date: 2002-09-25 07:03:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Stephan,

Here is the extract of the dump file. CYCLE4 is the database name in the
first server.

--
-- pg_dumpall (7.1.3) -o
--

DELETE FROM pg_group;
--

CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE pgdump_oid (dummy int4);
COPY pgdump_oid WITH OIDS FROM stdin;

\connect - Administrator

Thanks,
Murali

Stephan Szabo wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Murali Mohan Kasetty wrote:
>
> > Hi ,
> >
> > I'm trying to dump the data form one postgreySQL 7.1.3 server to
> > another postgreySQL 7.1.3 server.
> > I have used pg_dumpall command to dump the data, I'm able to dump the
> > data in the second server successfully.
> > However, when I try to dump the same data in 3rd postgreySQL 7.1.3 , the
> > dump is failed and I get the following error message.
> >
> > You are now connected to database template1.
> > DELETE 0
> > DELETE 0
> > \connect: FATAL 1: user "administrator" does not exist
>
> Can you find the associated create users for the administrator
> account in the dump file and the failing connect line?
>
> I wonder if it was insufficiently careful to quote the user
> name somewhere (like the connect line).

Attachment Content-Type Size
kasetty.vcf text/x-vcard 339 bytes