Anyone have any find grained benchmark data?

From: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Anyone have any find grained benchmark data?
Date: 2002-09-14 00:15:59
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi everyone,

There are PostgreSQL servers around that are handling 2,000 simultaneous
client connections (in real life) without problems, but no-one obvious
seems to have yet taken the time to do fine grained testing of the
servers which can take this kind of load, to accurately model their
performance characteristics.

Does anyone here happen to have fine grained benchmark/performance
figures hanging around which get into this range of performance?
Preferably with pretty precise details of how the system was configured,
etc.

:-)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift