Re: C vs. C++ contributions

From: Marc Lavergne <mlavergne-pub(at)richlava(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: C vs. C++ contributions
Date: 2002-08-28 21:05:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> But we have decode():

It is a different decode function, more akin to "case when".

>> Just to give you a fair warning: I'm not going to be in favor of
adding any "Oracle compatibility" functionality that overlaps with
existing and/or standardized functionality.

I wouldn't even dream of it. The last thing I want to do is turn
PostgreSQL into an Oracle clone. My aim is to provide a simplified
migration path from Oracle and to implement basic compatibility to
enable interoperability between the two DBs.