Error with PG_MODULE_MAGIC macro

From: "Suresh Gupta VG" <suresh(dot)g(at)zensar(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Error with PG_MODULE_MAGIC macro
Date: 2008-03-05 12:10:30
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi List,

We are under up gradation of pgsql 7.4.2 to latest version 8.2.25 on
Solaris-9. While compiling the source, we found some error with
encryption file. As per the pgsql admin team suggestions, we included
the macro of PG_MODULE_MAGIC, in the code while creating the 2
functions. An error was raised saying some extension files are required
as below. Pls through some light on us to get ride of this error and
provide some suggestions on this.

create function blowfish_encrypt( text,text ) returns text as
'/opt/CommerceLink/code/cl_encrypt_rohan/pgsql_clcrypt.so' language 'c';
ERROR: incompatible library
"/opt/CommerceLink/code/cl_encrypt_rohan/pgsql_clcrypt.so": missing
magic block
HINT: Extension libraries are required to use the PG_MODULE_MAGIC macro

{ Necessity : In general we use the function "blowfish()" to encrypt and
decrypt the data on the database. To make this function work properly,
we need to create these 2 functions (blowfish_encrypt and
blowfish_decrypt). In the pgsql 8.2.5 version, we find this error while
including the MAGIC block.}

Regards,

G. V. Suresh Gupta

Innovative Technology Solutions(ITS), Zensar Technologies

Zensar Knowledge Park, Plot#5, MIDC IT Tower,

Kharadi, Off Nagar Road, Pune - 411014

Landline : +91-20-66453471 | +91-9890898688

Email : suresh(dot)g(at)zensar(dot)com | website: www.zensar.com
<http://www.zensar.com/>

DISCLAIMER:
This email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient(s) and the views expressed in the same are not necessarily the views of Zensar Technologies Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail by error, its use is strictly prohibited, please delete the e-mail and notify the sender. Zensar Technologies Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.