Bug in all version with encryption

From: "Suresh Gupta VG" <suresh(dot)g(at)zensar(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Bug in all version with encryption
Date: 2008-01-17 07:44:53
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Dear Team,

I had recently upgraded my pgsql 7.4.2 to pgsql 8.2.5 on Solaris 9 Sparc
machine. All the installation went normally as per install documents of
Postgresql. In between the installation, I got the following error. But
at the end I could create database and can use the DB as normal.
-------
ERROR: incompatible library "/usr/lib/pgsql_clcrypt.so": missing magic
block
HINT: Extension libraries are required to use the PG_MODULE_MAGIC macro.
STATEMENT: CREATE FUNCTION blowfish_encrypt(text, text) RETURNS text
AS '/usr/lib/pgsql_clcrypt.so', 'blowfish_encrypt'
LANGUAGE c;
psql:pgsql7.4_dump_10012008:877: ERROR: incompatible library
"/usr/lib/pgsql_clcrypt.so": missing magic block
HINT: Extension libraries are required to use the PG_MODULE_MAGIC macro.
ERROR: incompatible library "/usr/lib/pgsql_clcrypt.so": missing magic
block
HINT: Extension libraries are required to use the PG_MODULE_MAGIC macro.
STATEMENT: CREATE FUNCTION blowfish_decrypt(text, text) RETURNS text
AS '/usr/lib/pgsql_clcrypt.so', 'blowfish_decrypt'
LANGUAGE c;
psql:pgsql7.4_dump_10012008:887: ERROR: incompatible library
"/usr/lib/pgsql_clcrypt.so": missing magic block
HINT: Extension libraries are required to use the PG_MODULE_MAGIC macro.
-----------

This problem is coming with all the versions of PGSQL. We had a good
experience with similar error when we were upgraded with 7.4.2 long
back. Can you pls advice what to do to rectify this error in Postgresql
8.2.5.

--Suresh Gupta

Regards,

G. V. Suresh Gupta

Innovative Technology Solutions(ITS), Zensar Technologies

Zensar Knowledge Park, Plot#5, MIDC IT Tower,

Kharadi, Off Nagar Road, Pune - 411014

Landline :  +91-20-66453471           | +91-9890898688

Email     :   suresh(dot)g(at)zensar(dot)com    | website:  www.zensar.com
<http://www.zensar.com/>

DISCLAIMER:
This email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient(s) and the views expressed in the same are not necessarily the views of Zensar Technologies Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail by error, its use is strictly prohibited, please delete the e-mail and notify the sender. Zensar Technologies Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Achilleas MantziosDate: 2008-01-17 08:11:30