Postgresql takes more time to update

From: "Suresh Gupta VG" <suresh(dot)g(at)zensar(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgresql takes more time to update
Date: 2007-10-04 14:49:28
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Team,

We are using "psql 7.4.2" version of Postgresql, these days all the
transactions on the database are taking long time to execute. We are
planning to do "ANALYZE" command on the database. Could you please
advice us, how much time it takes and what are the conditions we need to
keep on an eye.

Can you please tell us whether we had any other commands are available
on postgresql to increase the performance of the database and database
tools available for Postgresql on Solaris sparc machine?

with thanks and regards,

G.V. Suresh Gupta

Sr. Software Engineer

Batelco Phase II

Mo: +91 9890898688

Ph : +9120 66453213

DISCLAIMER:
This email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient(s) and the views expressed in the same are not necessarily the views of Zensar Technologies Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail by error, its use is strictly prohibited, please delete the e-mail and notify the sender. Zensar Technologies Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.