Re: Oracle Decode Function

From: Marc Lavergne <mlavergne-pub(at)richlava(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Oracle Decode Function
Date: 2002-07-25 18:56:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

That would get ugly in a real hurry! Oracle does get around the issue of
parameter datatypes by having automatic datatype conversions, more or
less, everything becomes a varchar2. The only real attractants to
implementing a DECODE() function is that it's one less thing to convert
when migrating apps from Oracle and, unfortunately, this is also a piece
of the SQL*Net compatibility that I'm looking into doing!