Newbie Stupid Question

From: Simopoulos <msimopou(at)mbvlab(dot)wpafb(dot)af(dot)mil>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Newbie Stupid Question
Date: 2002-07-11 14:02:16
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi All
I have just installed PostgreSQL on my duel booted Windows 98/Red Hat Linux
system. I just want to experiment/learn/play with the db without interfering with
real dbs so I'm not connected to anything. No surprise when I get the error with
the first createdb at the end of the installation, which states:

connections on Unix domain socket
"tmp/.S.PGSQL.5432"?
createdb: database creation failed

Can anyone help, I'm almost done!