Some general info needed

From: Nikola Milutinovic <Nikola(dot)Milutinovic(at)ev(dot)co(dot)yu>
To: PostgreSQL JDBC <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Some general info needed
Date: 2002-07-08 20:55:00
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi all.

I would have a request, rather than a question. Could somebody add to JDBC
documentation a small connection-HOWTO?

In pg_hba.conf we can setup several types of connection. What I see lacking is a
JDBC point of view. Which type should handled and how.

For intsance:

local
- not applicable, JDBC needs TCP/IP network
host, passwd - works OK
host, md5 - ???
host, crypt - ???
hostssl
- via OpenSSL SSLtunnel or SSH ???

Some examples/tips for SSL type would be appreciated.

Nix.