Re: SQL99 doc update

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
To: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Neil Conway <nconway(at)klamath(dot)dyndns(dot)org>, PostgreSQL Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SQL99 doc update
Date: 2002-07-01 04:25:15
Lists: pgsql-patches

> > > This fixes 2 inaccuracies in the recently added SQL99 feature list docs.
> > > UNIQUE and DISTINCT predicates are both listed as implemented -- AFAIK,
> > > neither is.
> > I'm working on adding the IS DISTINCT FROM clause. I haven't looked to
> > see about UNIQUE. Remind me to readjust the docs when we get that
> > working.
> Where are these two new clauses used?

I haven't looked yet at UNIQUE. IS DISTINCT FROM takes two row
expressions and compares them; if every element compares equal (or if
both elements are NULL) then the two expressions are considered to be
"not distinct" and FALSE is returned. Otherwise the two expressions are
considered to be distinct.

- Thoas