Re: One source of constant annoyance identified

From: Jochem van Dieten <jochemd(at)oli(dot)tudelft(dot)nl>
To: Markus Wollny <Markus(dot)Wollny(at)computec(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: One source of constant annoyance identified
Date: 2002-06-27 14:34:14
Lists: pgsql-general

Markus Wollny wrote:

> Are there any known issues concerning persistant connections apart from
> the pgpconnect-thingy with PHP? Is anyone running the same combination
> of *nix/Postgres+IIS/ColdFusion?

PostgreSQL 7.1 on i386-unknown-openbsd2.9, compiled by GCC 2.95.3
ColdFusion 4.5.1 SP2 on Windows NT 4 SP6a, ODBC 7.01.00.06

But it is all super light load, all the queries return 1 row or they are
cached on the ColdFusion side. Only issue I ever had was that I needed
to explicitly cast text columns to varchar or else the query would
return an error (which I have been unable to reproduce with later ODBC
drivers).

If you are running CF MX, try the JDBC driver. I haven't finished
testing it, but so far it is looking good.

Jochem

--
Jochem van Dieten
Team Macromedia Volunteer for ColdFusion