Bug found: fmgr_info: function <number>: cache lookup failed

From: Bradley Kieser <brad(at)kieser(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug found: fmgr_info: function <number>: cache lookup failed
Date: 2002-06-11 15:36:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers

If you double-alias a column in a query (yeah, stupid, I know, but I did
it by mistake and others will too!), then the dreaded "fmgr_info:
function <number>: cache lookup failed" message is kicked out. For example:

select * from company c, references r where r.company_id=c.company.id;

Note that c.company.id references column id in table company twice!

Hope that this finds someone looking at the error handling in the
parser! Should be chucked out as a syntax error.

Brad