replication, availability of my server

From: Tina Messmann <tina(dot)messmann(at)xinux(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: replication, availability of my server
Date: 2002-05-28 10:20:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All,

Where can i learn more about replication with PostgreSQL?
Which tool from the postgresql techdoc site would you recommend?
What about rserv in the contrib directory (it isn't even listed at the
techdocs site)?

Another problem:
I am still running 7.1.3 debian package. Nightly there are a few cron
jobs running.
2:05AM a pg_dump (according to the log file, this ended at 2:16AM)
2:30AM the do.maintenance script from the debian package to vacuum
analyze all databases

and some others but between 2:00AM and 3:00AM only the above cron jobs
are running on pgsql (no other connections).
My box stopped working at about 2:45, i had to reset it this morning.
There are no errormessages in the log files, the only message regarding
this problem:

DEBUG: database system was interrupted at 2002-05-28 02:46:39 CEST

The system encountered a lot of filsesystem errors when booting and now
some of the queries that took before 3 sec take now 5-10 min, some take
forever. (i did a vacuum analyze this morning)
Perhaps my filesystem is corrupted, perhaps the database is corrupted,
i'll try to check this out. If there were any error messages, it would
be helpfull, but i can start the database and connect to it without
problems.
Is there any tool to check a pgsql database?

What i want to know: Can this problem arise from a vacuum analyze?
Or what else? This is frightening me.

i know this are incredibly few informations but this is all i have at
this time :(

Regards
Tina