Undoing updates not in a transaction

From: Fathi Ben Nasr <fathi(dot)engineer(at)gnet(dot)tn>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Undoing updates not in a transaction
Date: 2002-05-18 08:45:42
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I have made a msitake (used where ...<> in an update wher i sould
have used where ...=) and wanted to have the values back.
rollback; didn't give anything as I didn't included my upadet in a
transaction.
I now I could have back everything (if I don't make a vacuum) from the
database but don't how.
This is a database for subscriptions to trainings, is a new system using
postgres I am trying to promote and need an answer for this general
topic question, as it is not excluded I won't make similar mistakes
again.

Thank You.
Fathi Ben Nasr.