Serialize class changes

From: Ken Kachnowich <khkachn(at)telocity(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Serialize class changes
Date: 2002-05-17 02:07:03
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

I just tried the Serialize class that comes with the PostgreSQL 7.2.1
release and noticed an odd change.

The object field used to be declaired as an OID type that pointed to
the row in the class table for the object. Now the type is the class
table
type.

My problem is I want to store multiple types of classes in this field.
The current code won't let me do this.

If I am not doing something wrong then I am not sure why this change was
made.

Ken