id field error

From: angelo(dot)rigo(at)globo(dot)com
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: id field error
Date: 2002-04-25 20:00:04
Lists: pgsql-php

Hi !
I´m doing my first publishing system for a last aquired boooks for a library.

the problem begin in the id field, wich i choose to be primary key and unique.
i could just insert data one time the others give me this error:

Cannot insert a duplicate key into unique index biblioteca_pkey

i use this piece of code below to insert the data:

$query = "INSERT INTO biblioteca (id, autor, titulo, editora) values ('$id',
'$autor', '$titulo', '$editora')";
$result = pg_exec($db, $query);

may i can alter the id collumn and the query to insert the data anybody
knows what exactly to do ?

Thank´s

Ângelo

A busca mais veloz e precisa da internet. Acesse agora: http://www.zoom.com.br.