OpenFTS/tsearch and Postgresql 7.2.1

From: Rajesh Kumar Mallah <mallah(at)trade-india(dot)com>
Subject: OpenFTS/tsearch and Postgresql 7.2.1
Date: 2002-04-20 19:00:37
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi there

i am posting this to openfts-general mailing list primarily
and Cc to psql - sql and oleg

plez forgive me if it is a nuissence to the psql-sql
list. (just thought may pgsql folk would be using openfts)

I am currently using postgresql 7.1.2 + OpenFTS perl 0.32

I want to upgrade my pg to 7.2.1 from 7.1.2
and use tsearch in place of OpenFTS perl where ever
i do not need relevence ranking.

but i still need to use OpenFTS-perl where i need the relevence
ranking.

my question is where do i get the latest version of tsearch and OpenFTS
- perl
that will work with pg 7.2.1

can i use the contrib/tsearch of 7.2.1 and OpenFTS - 0.33 or do i need
to patch them with something recent and if so where and which are the
patches i need
i have tried to search the relevent stuff but still not sure.

any help will be very much appreciated.

regds
mallah.