ODBC Connection to PostgreSQL 7.1 via pgAdmin and M$ Access 2000 , updating fails

From: Hans Plum <plum(at)giub(dot)uni-bonn(dot)de>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ODBC Connection to PostgreSQL 7.1 via pgAdmin and M$ Access 2000 , updating fails
Date: 2002-04-08 18:42:38
Lists: pgadmin-support pgsql-odbc

Hey folks,

I have tried to update fields in a table with timestamps via pgAdmin
1.2.0 but it fails. In the mailing list I could figure out that this is
a 'bizarre feature' bugging Dave a long time -
http://www.mail-archive.com/pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org/msg00309.html

So now I was looking for an alternative for updating fields on a M$
Windows System: I used Access 2000 via the ODBC Driver delivered with
pgAdmin 1.2.0. But here I get errors that say that there is somebody
else writing into that table - this database is running in the internet
and another application is watching on a view related to that table.
Finally I altered the name of the table but I still got this error message.
Is somebody out there who could give my a workaround, a way to solve
that problem. My aims is just to write via a GUI into PostgreSQL 7.1
from a Windows System via ODBC.

Regards,
Hans

--