plperlu

From: Fran Fabrizio <ffabrizio(at)mmrd(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: plperlu
Date: 2002-03-29 14:54:18
Lists: pgsql-general

I have PostgreSQL 7.1.3, and I'm trying to discern whether plperlu is
available for this version. createlang doesn't think so, a search of
the docs turns up nothing, but there's been at least some talk of it on
the mailing lists for some time now. What's the current status?

The reason I wanted it is that we have need to call an external app
based on certain inserts to the db, and I happen to be most comfortable
with perl. I suppose this could be done with pltclu, but I'm not
familiar with that. I also suppose that this could be done with C, but
again, not familiar. The db already has pltclu going so if there's a
quick example of how this would be accomplished with pltclu, I'd
appreciate it!

Thanks,
Fran