Re: moveToInsertRow

From: "Dennis R(dot) Gesker" <dennis(at)gesker(dot)com>
To: Dave(at)micro-automation(dot)net, psql <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: moveToInsertRow
Date: 2002-03-07 00:47:29
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

There is actually two resultsets involved. I've written an object that
maps to a row in the first resultset as well as the target in the pg
database. The sequence of events is similar to the following:

retrive data into result set from the source MS-SQL database: ms_resultset
also create updatable result set from the PG database: pg_resultset

Begin loop
copy contents of row from ms_resultset into object acting as a holding
place: temp.object
copy temp.object into updatable pg_result set row.

ms_resultset -> temp.object -> pg_resultset -> move to nextrow in
ms_resultset

Continue to loop until all the data is extracted from the first database
and inserted into second database

--
Dennis Roman Gesker ICQ: 194047
dennis(at)gesker(dot)com Fax: 413.740.4653

Seek freedom and become captive to your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty. -- F.H. 1985