Re: postgresql-7.2b5.tar.gz

From: "Joe Conway (wwc)" <jconway(at)cox(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
Subject: Re: postgresql-7.2b5.tar.gz
Date: 2002-01-18 21:51:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>>-rwxr--r-- 1 root cvs 37734400 Jan 18 11:22
>>postgresql-7.2b5.tar.gz
>>

> The file is certainly gzipped on the FTP server. I'm wondering if your
> browser "helpfully" decompressed it as it came in (which might have been
> actually somewhat helpful, if it changed the filename, too ...)

Sure enough, looks like Mozilla *was* trying to be helpful.

It turns out if you hold down <shift> while clicking on the link (to
prevent trying to view a file in the browser instead of downloading)
then the file gets automatically uncompressed. If you click the link
without <shift>ing, the compressed file comes down as is.

Sorry for crying wolf!

Joe