Re: Third call for platform testing

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
To: Permaine Cheung <pcheung(at)redhat(dot)com>
Cc: thomas(at)pgsql(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Third call for platform testing
Date: 2001-12-13 07:11:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Sure, I'll post the results. Actually, on S/390, there's no need
> to change anything, but on the PS/2, the test-and-set code
> doesn't work on that CPU, Tom Lane suggested a workaround -
> undefine HAS_TEST_AND_SET and remove slock_t type
> definition in the port include file. With those modifications,
> both the build and tests work fine.

OK, S/390 is easy.

For PS/2, how does the CPU identify itself? If you have to remove the
slock_t definition from the port include file then presumably it does
identify itself as one of the already supported CPUs (alpha, arm, ia64,
i386, mips, ppc, sparc, s390), right? Or does some other default setting
get used that you then #undef in that include file?

A few more details would probably let someone reproduce your result,
which would be enough to consider this as a supported platform. That is,
as long as you aren't running the only PlayStation 2 in the world with
Linux?? Heck, on second thought we'd consider it supported even so ;)

- Thomas