Re: largeobject

From: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Henshall, Stuart - WCP" <SHenshall(at)westcountrypublications(dot)co(dot)uk>, "'odbc Postgres'" <psqlodbc(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: largeobject
Date: 2001-12-10 06:54:10
Lists: pgsql-odbc

"Henshall, Stuart - WCP" wrote:

> I believe in postgresql's contrib there's a program called vacuumlo

Unfortunately vacuumlo doesn't take type lo into account.

I changed vacuumlo so that it takes the type lo into
account in 7.2 but it doesn't handle the following
type created by
create type lo (
internallength=4,
externallength=10,
input=int4in,
output=int4out,
default='',
passedbyvalue
);

The type is incomplete and hard to handle in vacuumlo
or pg_restore. In 7.2 both vacuumlo and pg_restore
could handle the type lo defined in contrib/lo which
contains the definitions of input/output functions
etc.
Probably I had better recommend to use the type lo
in contrib/lo and change the documentation at http:
//odbc.postgresql.org/. However PostgreSQL hasn't
had a proper BLOB type yet and I don't know what
would occur about BLOB in the future.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue