Re: Yet more logging questions

From: mlw <markw(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Yet more logging questions
Date: 2001-12-02 15:45:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

> mlw <markw(at)mohawksoft(dot)com> writes:
> > I was wondering if there was a way to log the "explain" of a query.
>
> Being a NOTICE, it *is* logged.

Sorry, I didn't make my intentions clear. I mean as a function of normal query
operation.

The debug_print_plan is VERY verbose. Is there an option which does the
equivilent of an EXPLAIN on a submitted query?

For instance, I would like to be able to do something like this:

debug_print_query = true
debug_print_explain = true #my own fictional directive
show_query_stats = true