Re: Support for QNX6, POSIX IPC and PTHREAD-style locking

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
To: Igor Kovalenko <Igor(dot)Kovalenko(at)motorola(dot)com>
Cc: "Ross J(dot) Reedstrom" <reedstrm(at)rice(dot)edu>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Support for QNX6, POSIX IPC and PTHREAD-style locking
Date: 2001-11-28 03:07:30
Lists: pgsql-patches
> At this point, I suggest core developers will ask me when/if they feel like
> they want another submission from me.
> Merry X-mas & happy new year everyone.

:))

I've followed this thread mostly after the fact, after perhaps
contributing to Igor's hopes that this might get into 7.2. I think that
pushing this off to 7.3 (or *perhaps* 7.2.1 for QNX6-only changes) is
the Right Thing.

We are *always* interested in patches, but actually applying them during
final betas is not a good thing in general. Participating during the
development cycle is welcome, and the Posix semaphores are likely to
pique several people's interest. Jump in again a few weeks after 7.2 is
released.

                     - Thomas