Re: How to store koi8-r (cyrillic) data?

From: Daniel Rubio <drubio(at)activa-online(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to store koi8-r (cyrillic) data?
Date: 2001-11-14 17:13:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

> Unicode (utf-8) should be able to display both Latin and Cyrillic
information.
> The whole information chain (PostgreSQL, database, http server, html
files)
> need to be UTF-8 compatible.

All the chain?
If I add the multibyte support to postgres to support UTF-8 and in my
html pages i
specify the charset as UTF-8 it won't work?

> What is your configuration?

My postgres has not active the multibyte support, and my apache has not
the
AddDefaultCharset defined (ant then i supose that is iso-8859-1)

> Cheers,
> Jean-Michel POURE

Daniel Rubio Rodríguez <drubio(at)activa-online(dot)com>
Responsable de Desarrollo
Activa-Online S.A.
Rambla Nova, 26-28 (entlo)
Tarragona - Spain