Re: Storage Location Patch Proposal for V7.3

From: Stefan Rindeskar <sr(at)globecom(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Storage Location Patch Proposal for V7.3
Date: 2001-11-08 12:52:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I just wanted to affirm that Tom's description sounds like av very good
way to go.

You get the best of two worlds with the possibility to tune servers and
yet still
very easy to manage. i.e. If you don't need it, don't mess with it and
everything
will work just fine.
I don't either see any reason not to use the Oracle syntax since it is
so widely used
and it works very well for those of us that also work on Oracle (but in
postgresql
without the extent and storage clauses).

Regards
Stefan