inquiry using create function

From: fcarlo(at)ntsp(dot)nec(dot)co(dot)jp
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: inquiry using create function
Date: 2001-10-25 19:55:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

I've tried to search some postgresql mailing lists and i haven't found
an answer to my problem...

I create a function with the setof keyword...

create function employee(int) returns setof employee as 'select * from
employee where $1 = id'
language 'sql';

Instead of returning a tuple, I get this:

?column?
136491256

I tried exchanging "$1" and "id" but the thing did not yet work. I
replaced the "*" with the actual fields in my table and it still would
not work.

What could be the problem? By the way, I use postgreseql 7.1.3

Thanks!

Carlo Florendo