Re: Replication

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
To: Nathan Reilly <nreilly(at)bigpond(dot)net(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Replication
Date: 2001-10-16 23:45:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I've been looking for documents and other info on replication efforts in
> PostgreSQL. If anyone here can point me to places where I can find
> these, it would be really appreciated.

PostgreSQL Inc offers asynchronous one-way replication, used and proven
in high throughput environments. The original prototype implementation
is available as a contrib package in the PostgreSQL source tree.

I think that there are other efforts at different styles of replication
but do not know the current status.

HTH

- Thomas