Re: Where are Perl DBI and DBD for PostgreSQL??

From: R Talbot <rjtalbo(at)attglobal(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Where are Perl DBI and DBD for PostgreSQL??
Date: 2001-09-23 22:26:35
Lists: pgsql-general

Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> R Talbot writes:
>
> > My question refers to Perl...
> > I checked CPAN and there are DBI modules but
> > I don't see the DBD.
>
> http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/DBI/DBI-1.20.tar.gz
> http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/DBD/DBD-Pg-1.01.tar.gz
>
> > I downloaded..
> > pgsql_perl5-1.9.0.tar.gz
>
> This is a different way to access PostgreSQL via Perl. This module is
> also include in the PostgreSQL distribution.
>
> > Postgres-1.4.tar.gz
>
> This is an interface to Postgres95, not PostgreSQL.
>
> --
> Peter Eisentraut peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net http://funkturm.homeip.net/~peter

Peter,
Thank you for the response..
Unfortunately, the urls were jammed I tried for 15 hrs ( off and on)..
Although I could find the file but only after seaching by the authors
name mergl.
CPAN is not making it easy, I am sure not intentionally, for PostgreSQL
users.

Here is where I found the files
http://dbi.symbolstone.org/ this works...May Help Others!

Once again.. Thank You