Re: driver source code indentation

From: Barry Lind <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>
To: Liam Stewart <liams(at)redhat(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: driver source code indentation
Date: 2001-09-04 19:43:21
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I agree that this is needed. In fact I know Bruce wants to do something
in this area. In fact he sent out a few months ago a sample of the code
after it had been cleaned up by some tool. At the time no one seemed to
be very interested. Going forward for 7.2 I think now is the time that
something should be done. We need the equivalent of pgindent for java.

I am OK with the style used for the C code. However I would like the
following additional step done for the java code: replace all tabs with
spaces.

I often end up viewing files in editors/viewers other than the one I
normally code with. Having to worry about getting the tab settings
correct so that the code is readable is a pain (and sometimes not
possible depending on the editor). I have personally adopted in my java
IDE of choice (JBuilder) to have the IDE automatically replace tabs with
spaces for this reason.

thanks,
--Barry