Re: MySQL's (false?) claims... (was: Re: PL/java?)

From: Guy Fraser <guy(at)incentre(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MySQL's (false?) claims... (was: Re: PL/java?)
Date: 2001-08-29 20:11:49
Lists: pgsql-general

David Ford wrote:

> Sean Chittenden wrote:
>
> >>Has anyone seen this page on Mysql.org comparing PostgreSQL to MySQL:
> >>
> >> http://www.mysql.com/doc/M/y/MySQL-PostgreSQL_features.html
> >>

> > Yeah, I've had a few developers show it to me... the best part
> >of this is though, when I tried to post a comment, I got a MySQL
> >database error. ::grin:: At anyrate, it looks like a load of FUD from
> >a bad marketing department (at least Microsoft lies well). -sc
> >

> One might also add as a 'con' for mysql...spelling. As horribly

As you will see below, I think the "spelling" is a waste of CPU and
time.

> frequent the spelling errors are on this page, one might reasonable
> assume that you could...

You can "reasonable assume" incorrect spelling is OK if you are a total
moron.

Note: "reasonable assume" should be "reasonably assume" for the non
illiterate.

> selected * frm tabloid wear valued be 'huh?';

Boy! You would have to be very "spelling challenged" to come up with
that.

> -d
>
> --
> >:>
> I may have the information you need and I may choose only HTML. It's up to you.

If your first language is not english I can understand why your grammar
and spelling are so poor. I consider myself to be poor at spelling but I
rarely make mistakes when programming, and when I do I get an error then
I can fix it. If you have a routine that tries to figure out what you
want, it may give unexpected results and you will have difficulty fixing
the problem. Write your code properly and it will be easier to fix if
there is an error.

Guy Fraser

--
There is a fine line between genius and lunacy, fear not, walk the
line with pride. Not all things will end up as you wanted, but you