Re: Re: Link to bug webpage / Bugzilla?

From: mlw <markw(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>
To: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: Link to bug webpage / Bugzilla?
Date: 2001-08-22 11:55:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Jan Wieck wrote:

> mlw wrote:
> > Has anyone thought of using Bugzilla? (It is MySQL based, of course) but it
> > might answer the bug database issues. (If you guys want a bug database)
>
> Bug tracking software that doesn't use transactions and
> referential integrity in a multiuser environment? Sounds like
> a bug by design to me, which are known not to be traceable by
> software. So the system might trace it's own bugs while never
> catching the biggies ...

RedHat has ported bugzilla to postgres, which I alluded too, but maybe I should
be a bit more explicit.

ftp://people.redhat.com/dkl/pgzilla-latest.tar.gz

(They have also ported it to Oracle.)

Like I said before, a "good" i.e. used, up to date, and complete, bug
database/tracking system impresses many people that make IT decisions. (but it
better be good.)

Something like Bugzilla, or PVCS Tracker, or what ever, may need to be the next
stage in PostgreSQL's evolution from a university project to a full
professional solution.

--
5-4-3-2-1 Thunderbirds are GO!