Question about todo item

From: Barry Lind <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Question about todo item
Date: 2001-08-04 23:41:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I was going through the Todo list looking at the items that are planned
for 7.2 (i.e. those starting with a '-'). I was doing this to see if
any might impact the jdbc driver. The only one that I thought might
have an impact on the jdbc code is the item:

* -Make binary/file in/out interface for TOAST columns (base64)

I looked through the 7.2 docs and I couldn't find any reference to this
new functionality, so I am assuming that it isn't completed yet. If this
is going to be done for 7.2, I would like to get a better understanding
of what functionality is going to be provided. That way I can decide
how best to expose that functionality through the jdbc interface.

thanks,
--Barry