Binary Data Storage?

From: Namrata <nlabade(at)nulinkinc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, nlabade(at)nulinkinc(dot)com
Subject: Binary Data Storage?
Date: 2001-06-28 13:30:41
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

Can anybody please tell me about the data storage in PostgreSQL?
I want to know about it because I insert binary data. One record size was 10mb and total 100 records I insert. But I noticed change in increase in
size of directory upto 2mb only and actully put data upto 128mb. So can anybody please give me information about this?

Thanks,
Namrata.