Re: Problems using a rule with the WHERE clause

From: Luis Sousa <llsousa(at)ualg(dot)pt>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Problems using a rule with the WHERE clause
Date: 2001-06-28 10:13:41
Lists: pgsql-sql

> that shouldn't happen, in any case. If this is the current release
> (7.1.2)

The version that I'm using is 7.1release-3.potato.1

> then I'd like to see a complete script to reproduce the problem.
> (I don't have time to guess at your table declarations...)

I try a simple example that works fine. (see attached)

Then I create a script from the database only with the main tables that are
involved (see attached - script_def.tar.gz).

When I execute the file run_update, that only updates three fields on the
records with turno=15, I'm getting some errors (sometimes I got the 1st error
and other times I got de 2nd error):
- ERROR: JOIN qualification may not refer to other relations
- ERROR: ExecEvalExpr: unknown expression type 501

The script contains two tables, evento and pessoalEvento, and the view
docentesturno that JOIN's both tables.
The update is done over docentesturno using run_update.

Thank you for your help. Best Regards

Luis Sousa

Attachment Content-Type Size
example_that_works.tar.gz application/x-gzip 678 bytes
script_def.tar.gz application/x-gzip 1.6 KB