Transaction Log

From: Harry Yau <harry(at)regaltronic(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Transaction Log
Date: 2001-06-28 06:57:37
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Dear:
I am wondering is there transaction log facility in postgreg beside WAL.

I am using PostGres 7.0 which doesn't have WAL built in. If there is
another transaction logging facility, i had not to upgrade my PostGres.
Otherwise, I need to promote to my boss to upgrade the whole postgres.

Moreover, I am wondering is it possible to truncate the WAL log if I
drop a useless
table. It is no point to keep the log for a droped table.

Thank You

Harry Yau