Migration from FoxPro

From: "P(dot) Dwayne Miller" <dmiller(at)espgroup(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Migration from FoxPro
Date: 2001-06-12 17:36:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Anyone know of any alternatives to using pgAdmin to migrate a database
(schema and data) from Foxpro to PostgreSQL? pgAdmin worked fine on my
initial test database, but it was slow... very slow. I'd like to try to
migrate one of our production databases, where several tables have
200,000+ records each. I can export the data into a PG COPY friendly
format, but was wondering if anyone knew of a tool that would migrate
all of the primary keys and indexes too? Or a perl utility that would
read the Foxpro database and generate the SQL commands needed to create
the tables and indexes?