dropping constraints

From: Linh Luong <linh(dot)luong(at)computalog(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: dropping constraints
Date: 2001-06-07 15:32:04
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

Is there to drop a constraint when you add it separately with an alter
statement.

alter table failuretypecategory1 add constraint fk_failuretypecategory1
FOREIGN KEY (failurecategory1id)
REFERENCES failurecategory1 (id) ON UPDATE CASCADE ON DELETE CASCADE;

I tried
drop trigger <tgconstrname> on failurecategory1
and
drop trigger <tgconstrname> on failuretypecategory1

and also

drop trigger <tgname> on failurecategory1
and
drop trigger <tgname> on failuretypecategory1

But it kept saying
ERROR: DropTrigger: there is no trigger <tgname>/<tgconstrname> on
relation failuretypecategory1

What am I doing wrong.

I tried dropping the table also and when I tried to delete from a table
that it referenced above it gave the error that the table I just drop
doesn't exist. Obviously because I just removed it but the constraint
it still there..

Thanks

--
Linh Luong