Re: Any time estimates for 7.1.2 RPM's ?

From: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)tm(dot)ee>
To: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Any time estimates for 7.1.2 RPM's ?
Date: 2001-06-07 15:24:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Lamar Owen wrote:

> Saturday morning I will have another air-shift here, and I'm _not_ planning
> any computer surgery this time! (argh for D-Link's DFE-530TX being
> incompatible with an ABit KT7A motherboard! Double ARGH for the ATA-100 data
> corruption it caused -- to 180GB of data (our broadcast music library on hard
> drive) AND another ARGH for VIA's ATA-100 bugs AND yet another for one
> cranky Maxtor 60GB drive.....). So I fully expect to release RPM's for 7.1.2
> by noon Saturday.

That would be great

> While the advice to pick up the Rawhide 7.1.2 source RPM is sound for a user
> of RedHat 7.x, unless you have updated to RPM 3.0.5 or greater on your 6.2
> boxen you won't be able to install the source RPM from Rawhide, since it was
> written in RPM4 format.

Thanks for this info. I had just completed a --rebuild on RH 7.1 and
planned to
do the same on 6.2, but I guess I'd rather wait a few days.

I have had bad experience upgrading rpm package a few times (the rpm
database
getting whacked and all subsequent installs claiming some packages to be
missing)
so I'd rather avoid upgrading unless I absolutely have to.

Hannu